VINTAGE;

rock on!

_vintage
<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4211225655100507235?origin\x3dhttp://enjoymentinmyrtlebeach.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, May 23, 2008

Daily life


Now, with Myrtle Beach being so inaccessible and we on an extremely low budget due to lack of money, we cook most of our meals everyday.

One example: Vegetables! Hahaha, I bought too much, they are turning really yellow real quick. Sobs.

Only on days when we wanna pamper ourselves, we will go grab some good food.

Now, the definition of good food is just SUBWAY! Hahaha, pathetic but it’s the only other thing we can afford before we cash our paycheck. I am in a much worse case, because I started work SO late, I have not much money left and don’t have any pay check unlike joanne. ):

Anyway on one of the off days, we decided to find a nice café, have a good meal for once and explore the area WITHOUT taking a cab.

And these are the only things we can see.

Trees, roads with no vehicles, and more trees. It is like a dead valley and SO inaccessible, our place River Oaks Drive is blocked by a highway and a waterway. ): No matter how much you are willing to walk, it will lead u nowhere. The only way out was cabbing which costs a bomb.

But Joanne and I can’t take it anymore, and decided to cab out to Walmart! =D where we happily spent 5 hours there, and ended up having this ultra sweet strawberry cheese Danish twist for dinner. Haha. Can’t help it. Since we spent a bomb on taxi fares, we had to cut down on dining expenses. But it was really too big for us to handle.

Now showcasing our villa! (:

And this is Joanne helping out. (Yes, she does. I can hear Ced and her family gasp in shock. (: Luckily for me, I don’t have to be a 24/7 slave. BUT, she has yet to clean the apartment and toilet at all. *hinting*)

And guess what, she is learning to cook! From a lousy cook, who is none other than me! Haha. And she keeps complaining about my grilled chicken drumstick being too salty! ): I admit it though but it was nice, except my mum does it better. Anyway, 妈,如果你在读,我要跟你拿 pancake 的食谱!(:

This is the outdoor pool and Jacuzzi where we also sit to tap into people’s connection. My life savior!

So that’s about it.

Now back to the topic of work at ParkSquare.

Apparently according to Tony, I was supposed to be a cook!!!!!! =D Despite the stuffy, oily suffocating atmosphere, I would love to give it a try because I can come back learn how to marinate and cook so many different food!

But the supervisor thinks I am awesome, so they decided to put me upfront instead. (I bet he said that before he knew about my mistake with the refunds and checks.) But oh well, I am glad at least there are people who appreciate my efforts here. (:

Something random: After a tired day of work!

posted by lilmisswhite @ 10:03 AM  

Comments: Post a Comment




✖ Adventurers
Wan Ling

Joanne

(:

Photobucket
Undergraduates
Having Fun
In South Carolina

✖ Travel Plans
Orlando(♥)
Miami(♥)
New York(♥).
Niagara Falls(♥).
Canada(♥)
Taipei(stopover)(♥)
Thailand(♥)

✖ Rockitout
share your thoughts!






✖ Past
back to the past

  • <$MTArchiveTitle$>
  • <$MTArchiveTitle$>
  • <$MTArchiveTitle$>

    Read our adventures :D

  • ✖ Thank You