VINTAGE;
rock on!
My off day finally came by sunday. And the best thing of all about it was that Wan Ling and I both had the same off day together.
We woke up early in the morning as we both had plans to use the computer by the pool for an hour before we went out. Initially, we planned to visit the beach and then to the park to try every single ride there. But, we became a little lazy and reluctant to go to the beach so we decided to go back to Coastal Grand Mall for shopping instead. (:
Took the public bus along Myrtle Beach which cost only $1. Whee~ Saved quite a lot of money on cab fare. But the bus could only bring us to Walmart so we had to walk over to the mall from Walmart ourselves. Lucky for me, I wanted to drop by Walmart badly as I had to buy eyedrops for my eyes. (*I’m currently potentially going to have a swollen eye. SOBS. Last month was the lip, this time it’s my right eye) So well, we went Walmart and decided we might as well buy make up too. I myself bought 2 mascaras, 4 eyeliners and 1 lip gloss. Haha. I know it sounds like a lot since I only have ONE face. But it’s seriously going to last me for the whole of next semester + the whole of next next semester. It’s called “investing” (:
After Walmart, we walked over to Coastal Grand Mall and started shopping. Hee. Spent a lot of money buying clothes. Every shop we entered, we would come out with something new. It’s quite horrible to spend without calculating how much we were spending. BUT it felt good. I think I have been too deprived of shopping in Singapore as I spend more time in my room mugging then being outside where the shops are. Besides, I can’t bear to spend my hard earned tuition money in Singapore like that.
We had a little shopping break for dinner at the food court. Had Chinese food which looked yummy. (Probably because I have not seen broccoli cooked that way for a long time. And the sweet and sour pork was WOW) It was some thing like the vegetable rice “cai beng” in Singapore, except that we bought it for $7.30 USD. In Singapore, it would cost at most $4 for the amount of food we ate. But it was still acceptable as Chinese food can be so rare here. After dinner, me and her were still greedy and decided to share a huge sugar cinnamon pretzel. J It was only after we bought the pretzel when we heard the announcement over the mall’s PA system. “The mall would be closed in 15 minutes….”
It was only 6.45PM then. Both of us then hurried through the rest of the mall to see which few of the shops we missed out. Ran pass Wet Seal, Hollister, Aeropostale and Old Navy. =S But we had to leave still anyway as all the shops were already starting to shut their doors. Guess we had to save money anyway.
Took the bus back and came back home to leave our things in the apartment. Then I saw some of my friends at my apartment. People I work with everyday. Seems like Kate decided to invite them to our place to hang out. A night of pizzas, beers and a good movie for them. Me and Wan didn’t want to stay so we broke the news that we were both going to the park to play. And they were like “NO, you can’t go!” but we still left after their pizza came anyway.
Our kind neighbour gave us a ride to the park. We were excited at first and were screaming while on the rides. We even took the kiddy rides I operate. My friend was operating the ride and he commented that we were crazy to try to squeeze into the kiddy train. :P Everything was good fun until we took the spinning swing. THAT WAS IT MAN. After two cycles, Wan Ling and I were both already dizzy. It kept spinning for another minute or two. Came down feeling all uncomfortable and ready to vomit. It was a little kill mood because I detested every ride I took after that. Especially when it involved moving in circles. =S
Decided to play some carnival games after that. Haha both of us won a monkey each. (: A really soft and fluffy monkey. Mine has a yellow shirt with pretty coconut trees on it while Wan’s monkey has a bold yellow shirt. We decided to name our new friends with the word MONKEY in their names. Mine is officially called MONden and hers is now called KEYven. Hee. And bear this is mind, they are GODBROTHERS. No fighting please. I now have something to hug to sleep and in fact, Monden is right next to me looking at the lap top too. Haha. I feel like Mr Bean. =X
Both of us came back to see them a little drunk. And we witnessed some weird happenings. SHH. Oh wells. Haha.
It’s disgusting how at work, everything I check my phone for the time only 15minutes have passed. But during my off days, I don’t even remember checking the time but the dark skies reminds me that my day of fun is about to end. SOBS.
Looking forward to 9th July for now. After which, I’m looking forward to 24th July (:
xoxo,
joanne
posted by *joanne- @ 7:02 AM