VINTAGE;
rock on!


Well, since he was leaving on Saturday, it was awesome that me Wan and I had off on Friday and hence, we could spend time with him. Last outing together as a trio. On Thursday night, we had a sleepover at my apartment. Watched “The Great Outdoors” and fell asleep in the living room. The sofa bed was so uncomfortable that I ached in the morning when I woke up. I realized that I am unknowingly tired because I have tried watching many movies these days and I have never failed to fall asleep halfway in all the movies. I have watched half of The Great Outdoors, Forrest Gump and In the Land of Women. And I understood none of them because I was half asleep in all of them.
Went down to Coastal Grand Mall to watch “The Strangers”. I don’t know if Singapore is screening this movie already. Liv Tyler acts in it. BUT. Don’t ever watch it. The preview can be really misleading. The whole movie was a big disappointment because it was not as thrilling and exciting as it looked in the previews. Haha it was quite funny watching it though. Throughout the movie, my dear Wan kept whispering to me: “I’m torturing myself. I’m torturing myself” haha. QUITE funny. But the ending was really bad. After the movie, all three of us were like “what was that about?” After the movie, we walked around the mall and saw shops like Abercrombie, Delia, Payless, Wet Seal. WOW. but we were both currently too poor to spend now. Could only stick to window shopping. Hopefully we can get another common off day and come back another day to do actual shopping.

We met up with the other Singaporean girls next. Arranged to have dinner at Golden Corral- a popular buffet place. Seems like I have not had buffet for the longest time. Well, we ate so much I felt like I could burst. I have been having buffets for 19 years and this was the first time I ate till I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to puke. Disgusted by myself. Actually I didn’t eat a lot. In fact, I think I ate less than what I usually eat in buffets back in Singapore. I probably felt so full and uncomfortable because I have not been eating a lot for awhile, and so the sudden great amount of food I ate upsetted my stomach a great deal. But well, the food was good and the buffet was not very expensive or anything. (:
Then we went to Walmart because the Singaporean girls- Krislyn, Clarice and Joanna had to do shopping for their groceries. I saw what they bought and I noticed that they buy very different types of food from us. The buy stuffs like pizzas, nuggets, Ben & Jerry’s etc. On the other hand, Wan Kate and I buy food like carrots, cucumbers, potatoes etc. haha. Tony sent them home so we went to their apartment and slacked. I was so envious of the girls because they could get internet at home. EXCELLENT SIGNAL. And they called their dining table “headquarters” because all of their laptops were set up there nicely and they could use internet throughout the whole day. Sobs. Poor me and wanling have to walk out to the pool to use the internet. Where we are subjected to the unpredictability of bad weather. It can be really cold at night, really hot in the day or raining.
Tony, Wan and I then decided to drive down to myrtle beach to relax in the crashing waves. I have not been to the beach yet so I could say I was pretty excited. It was a good experience sitting under the stars at the beach and being in the presence of my currently two best friends in Myrtle Beach. But I definitely have to go back to the beach during the day. I bet it will look much more different and probably prettier.
After a long day, we finally had to go back to our apartment. Kate and her friends were really drunk when we got back. Haha. And it was odd to see people at my work place over at my home. She invited few of our friends over and they said that I was rude because I was not around to attend to house guests. HAHA. Oh well, I’m glad I don’t drink. I don’t want to become drunk like them. =S
The next day, I helped Tony pack up since I start work late on. Fold his clothes, pack his things, load them in the car and all. I was the last person to spend his last moments in Myrtle Beach and the whole experience was both sad and awkward. I hate parting moments. And that moment reminded me about how I cried so badly at the airport before I boarded the plane to New York. I just hope the best for him and that he will be able to find a new job very soon. (:
Looking forward to my next off-day. Next week I have two days off! WHEE~
posted by *joanne- @ 10:08 AM