VINTAGE;

rock on!

_vintage
<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4211225655100507235?origin\x3dhttp://enjoymentinmyrtlebeach.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, July 16, 2008


Right now, I am at the Miami International Airport. Was hoping to be able to get internet service here since both of us were going to stay in the airport for pretty long (I really mean long but it’s still a secret), but we need to pay for wireless here. TSK. Even DOMESTIC AIRPORT in Myrtle Beach provides free wireless =( so I am blogging offline right now. Make things easier for me when I finally get internet too.

Spent the last two days in Florida- Miami(: Both of us were wondering whether we should come Miami since we had to pay a small but still hefty charge on transportation from Orlando to Miami. But we decided that we should be at Miami Beach. We should experience the beaches here. After all, we might just bump into.. I don’t know Brad Pitt? Or something. Hee. I remember watching “Best and Worst Beach Bodies” on TV back in the apartment at Mrytle Beach, and almost all the pictures were taken at Miami Beach. So, I guess we were not thinking too far ! (:

Anyway, when we alighted from the bus, it was frightening. The bus alighted us exactly at the address of the hostel, but no matter where we looked, we couldn’t find our hostel. All I saw was shops- Quiksilver specifically. And right above us were some guys looking out of the windows staring straight at us. We freaked out and asked someone nearby if he knows of any hostels nearby. And he directed us down the street. So we lugged our luggage and searched for our hostel. Only to find a hostel called “The Hostel” GRR. So we walked back to where we alighted from the bus. Wanling stayed back to take care of our belongings and I went off to walk further down the street to search for the hostel. I kind of experienced the “danger” my friends back at MB warned me about Miami. Night life in Miami is crazy. it’s like everywhere you see people hanging around drinking and chatting, listening to music. Of course, nothing horrible, just night life. Went back to Wanling and she told me she saw somebody walking by her into the alley. So I went to check and ta-dah! Found the hostel entrance right inside the alley! We walked everywhere only to know that we have been outside it all these while! =S





Spent the night at the hostel and I actually found the hostel pretty good. Would definitely recommend it to my friends if they are intending to visit Miami. Ohana Hostel- Good! First time staying in a hostel, and it has been a good experience so far. I remember I loved the lounge. Cosy with pretty couches and a flat screen TV! More importantly, there was free internet and that is like EVERYTHING to me. (:



DAY ONE

Woke up the next day with the intention of visiting the Miami Beach. Had our free breakfast of bagels and went straight to the beach which was just a 2 minute walk away. The beach is beautiful. Honestly, I don’t remember seeing clearer waters other than about 12 years ago back in Hawaii with my family. Even this memory was stored in photographs. This time I will be seeing and remembering it in my memory. Both of us loved the beach. Took some pictures and undressed, ready to lie in the sun.

*wanling's eyes were not feeling well then. poor girl. had sensitive eyes. so im uploading only pictures of her in my glasses! (:

BUT 5 minutes of lying in the sun when we felt strong strong strong wind. Dark clouds loomed above us. And the lifeguard ran out to the beach and shouted: “Electric storm approaching!! Everyone to clear the beach now” it was scary. I can understand why Florida is known to have the hurricane period. The wind was really strong and we made our way to shelter. Haha I have no idea how it happened, but our shelter became Zara and we started shopping all over again. Bought some really satisfying formal wear! Pamela and Hushing, I am now a little bit more prepared for “Finishing Touch!” haha spent a great deal of time inside the store and indeed, the storm was over when we came out.

Had this craving for subway while I was in the fitting room inside Zara, so we decided to buy the famous $5 footlong here! Bought steak sub which both of us never tried before. We always choose the expensive ones to make our $5 worthwhile. HAHA. That’s joanne and Wanling put together. A couple of stingy and calculative girls. Brought it back to the beach with us to eat by the beach. “the being at Miami FEELING”

Laid in the sun, falling asleep under the sun was just fantastic. I love the sun! despite getting darker and blacker, I still love the sun! (: Very much. Then it started raining AGAIN. Seeked for shelter somewhere, this time I don’t remember where before we came out again back to the beach. Went to paddle in the waters for a little bit. Seriously, the water is CLEAR. We could see our fingers clearly underwater. I don’t remember exactly, but I think I cannot even see anything under the water at ECP. EWW.

Laid in the sun again, hoping to dry ourselves for a little bit. Sleepily, we did this to remind ourselves that we were once at Miami Beach. Did it with sea shells around our little lazy spot. “Miami’08 kyra jo”


THEN IT STARTED RAINING AGAIN. *third time*

Walked down the street and found ourselves in a gas station. Bought a big pack of Doritos and two $0.99 watermelon juice. I had been craving for watermelon juice since forever and was really glad to see such a big can of juice which they CLAIMED to be 100% natural. ya right. But I still finished it. Yummy. A break from water cooler water from everywhere around America.


Not giving up, we brought our buys over to the beach to look at the pretty sea while we eat. Of course, it was not at all surprising when it rained yet again. This time, we endured the drizzle and stayed at the beach. Till it was over. (: stupid hurricane period. 4 times in a day. Definition of day = 11am to 6pm. =X

Oh yes! Skinny dipping is not rare in Miami. I saw women removing their bikini tops and lying in the sun just like that. Most of the time they were with their bfs. Safer I would say. But I’m just thinking, isn’t it weird to know that other guys at the beach are looking at your girlfriend naked?! =X

After our picnic, we decided to walk down to Lincoln Ave which someone recommended us. He said it’s where all the tourists would want to go.

It was a pretty cool place, with many shops and restaurants. High end dining. We made a promise to come back tomorrow to have a good meal to satisfy ourselves. Sick of shopping, we visited an art gallery instead. Some pictures of the Art we saw. Our favourite artist. Davidz. Haha for some reason, we just remember him.

some personal favourites (:



Wanling felt a little unwell during this time, so we decided to return to the hostel early to rest. =)

On the way back, we were approached by many people, asking us whether we want to have a drink or meal at their café or restaurant. We both learnt that the legal age to drink in US is 21, so we didn’t think that we could buy alcohol here. But seeing that they all tried to convince us about their cafes etc, we knew we could buy alcohol here. So we decided to return to the hostel, shower and come out for a drink. Immerse ourselves in the night life in Miami.

Found ourselves in a decent looking café. Best part of it. Drinks were 2 for 1. Had Ultimate Magarita followed by Strawberry Magarita.


I think the alcohol content here is slightly higher because though I was not drunk, I was feeling a little bit giddy. Likewise for Wanling. Of course, we know when to control and stop, so we made our way back to the hostel immediately to rest (: had a really good night sleep without waking up once. (previous night I woke up several times because of the really cold temperature in the room)

DAY TWO

Woke up and went to the common lounge to have breakfast. Used the internet for a little bit while I charged my laptop. =) Shiok. I really cannot live without the Internet. Haha. We packed up, and checked out at 11am at the reception. Left our luggage and lap tops in the security deposit and set off for last day at Miami.

Looked through the brochures and saw one about this place called “Bayside Marketplace” Good marketing skills I must say, cause we were so attracted by it, we took a bus down just to go there. By the way, it was a rainy day for the entire day. It rained the whole day. =(

There was practically nothing to do there. Shopping- too tourisy, nothing to make us hop and be interested. Activities- the Port of Miami, the habour view was awesome. But I only needed 10 minutes for that. So we were only left with one option. Food. We decided to be a little more stingy and shared a meal of chicken, salad, fries and half a hotdog with drink. Haha. Portion was not as big as we thought and we were a little upset.


Walked around a little bit to find the bathrooms disgusting, the shops boring. HAHA. Sorry for the complaints. We really had nothing to do. So we went back to sit by the port and eat the bar of Hersheys Milk Chocolate I bought 1.5months ago in MB. Lifesaver for 15minutes. Realized we cannot just waste the day away doing nothing so we decided we might as well return to the hostel since there is internet there at least. Moreover, the rain will just foil whatever plans we wished we had. Might as well go back.

Took the bus back to the hostel and used the bathroom in the lounge. Both of us felt embarrassed to get our laptops back from the security deposit since we were already no longer guests with the hostel- checked out already. So we decided to go out in the slight drizzle to look for a piping hot drink to cheer ourselves up.

DUNKIN DONUTS! Walked street after street just to look for dunkin donuts which both of us had super craving for. We walked further than we ever did in Miami just for the Dunkin Donuts there. Found it at last and had yummy donuts with a cup of hot chocolate!


We sat there for really long, until one of the lady behind the counter asked if we wanted a free personal pizza. She said she was going to throw it away anyway ( I don’t know why) so asked if we wanted it.

Haha. FREE FOOD! (:


Downed the pizza and walked back to the hostel to grab our luggages. Right after this, we made our way to Miami International Airport via public bus. $2 fare. Haha Cheap but a teeny weeny bit embarrassing. Especially since my luggage is twice the average size. Did a lot of physical work carrying our luggages up and down the bus. Haha. But who cares, I’m here at the airport now (: just waiting for the checking in time to hurry come. =S
lovee,
joanne

posted by *joanne- @ 6:39 PM  

Comments: Post a Comment




✖ Adventurers
Wan Ling

Joanne

(:

Photobucket
Undergraduates
Having Fun
In South Carolina

✖ Travel Plans
Orlando(♥)
Miami(♥)
New York(♥).
Niagara Falls(♥).
Canada(♥)
Taipei(stopover)(♥)
Thailand(♥)

✖ Rockitout
share your thoughts!






✖ Past
back to the past

  • <$MTArchiveTitle$>
  • <$MTArchiveTitle$>
  • <$MTArchiveTitle$>

    Read our adventures :D

  • ✖ Thank You